The Lost Lake Run is always in need of volunteers. If you have some time and you are looking for a fun and dedicated group to work with, we could use your help. If any of the areas below are of interest to you, please send an email to Patrick Simpson (Patrick.K.Simpson@gmail.com) or give him a call at 907-444-5860.
Race Day Support
We are in need of a few folks that can help with runner registration and support on the day of the race. Areas that require assistance include:
- Cooking and kitchen support
- Award sorting and distribution
- Chip retrieval and T-shirt distribution
- Race results posting
- Parking lot attendants
- Race Day setup
- Race Day cleanup
On the third Saturday prior to the race, 25 to 30 Lost Lakers go up onto the last half of the trail and clear grass and brush from the sides of the trail to make it safer on race day. If you are selected for trail clearing, more detailed information will follow as we near August.
For those that are assisting with trail clearing, the following items are recommended:
- If you have a gas powered weed wacker that you could bring with you, please let us know so that we can reduce the number we will need to rent.
- Plastic or metal tined hay rake or a lawn rakes are ideal, gravel rakes are not worth bringing
- Bug repellant, bug netting
- Long Pants and long sleeves
- Snack food
- Ear plugs