We are extremely grateful to all the people and organizations that continue to support the Lost Lake Run. Without the support of the following people and organizations, the Lost Lake Run would not be possible.
If you have some time and you are looking for a fun and dedicated group to work with, we could use your help. If any of the areas below are of interest to you, please send an email to Patrick.K.Simpson@gmail.com or give him a call at 907-444-5860.
Race Day Support
We are in need of a few folks that can help with runner registration and support on the day of the race. Areas that require assistance include:
- Cooking and kitchen support
- Award sorting and distribution
- Chip retrieval and T-shirt distribution
- Race results posting
- Parking lot attendants
- Race Day setup
- Race Day cleanup
We are offering free registration to the first 25 volunteers for trail clearing. Trail clearing is done on the first Saturday of August. This year trail clearing will be done on Saturday August 3, 2019. If you are interested in trail clearing, send an email to Patrick.K.Simpson@gmail.com. If you are selected for trail clearing, more detailed information will follow as we near August.
For those that are assisting with trail clearing, the following items are recommended:
- If you have a gas powered weed wacker that you could bring with you, please let us know when you register so that we can reduce the number we will need to rent.
- Plastic or metal tined hay rake or a metal yard rake, lawn rakes don’t work, not worth bringing
- Bug repellant, bug netting
- Long Pants and long sleeves
- Snack food
- Ear plugs
Please take a moment to read the letters of thanks from Presidents, a Vice-President, Governors, Congressmen, Senators, Mayors, and a General. These letters reinforce how important the contributions are by both the sponsors and the participants.
- Senator Dan Sullivan – 2016
- House Speaker Paul D. Ryan – 2016
- Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph F. Dunford, Jr. – 2016
- Governor Bill Walker – 2015
- Seward Mayor Jean Bardarson – 2015
- Congressman Don Young – 2015
- President Barak Obama – 2014
- President Jimmy Carter – 2014
- Governor Sean Parnell – 2014
- Congressman Don Young – 2014
- Senator Lisa Murkowski – 2014
- Senator Mark Begich – 2014
- Vice President Biden – 2013
- Congressman Don Young – 2013
- Governor Sean Parnell – 2013
- Senator Lisa Murkowski – 2013
Many thanks to our 2018 Platinum Sponsors
Team Capable Crew
Spring Creek Track Team